Thursday, January 14, 2010

Messages

Last Sunday in church a the new young women and young men's theme for this year jumped out off the page at the front of the room.  The first thing that caught my eye was that it is in the book of Joshua.  This book has brought special meaning into my life lately.  I know I have read it before but I did not realize the great miracles and words that are in the book.   Seeing his name brings happiness and joy to my heart.  I then read the message and it was just what I need right now to keep my chin up and my spirits happy.  It reads as follows:
"Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest"     Joshua 1   Good words for everyone especially for me.


1 comment:

  1. Someone sent me that scripture shortly after Cora died. It's beautiful, isn't it? I love that we get tender mercies whispered to us at the times we most need it.

    ReplyDelete