Sunday, November 29, 2009

Joshua's Headstone


Joshua's headstone was placed this past week.  This has brought a lot of closure to much of my grief for this while. I love the way it looks and everything about it.  The graphic on it is on a headstone close to his and that bothered me at first however I love the picture of Christ with the baby.  It brings me peace and I smile everytime I see it.  I appreciate the company that put the stone in.  They were very timely and did a great job doing things the way we wanted them done.  The stone has cement in front I can put things on if I want and also the stone is very wide on top so I can set things there also.  It has been four months since I last held my little son.  I have found much peace in the community of angel mom bloggers.  I have learned much from these graceful women who share the same or similar fate.  I have collected 37 pages of quotes, poems, song lyrics,and ideas.  I hope someday to be able to offer the same support they all have given me in my time of need.  I have enjoyed watching a few of them have their rainbow babies.   Here are a few photos of his headstone and the beautiful statue that stands guard over the baby area in the cemetary.  It is a peaceful place.

1 comment:

  1. Since we were away at school when Cora was stillborn, we felt that we couldn't bury her in a place that we knew we'd just move from, so we opted for cremation and spread her ashes. I've always sort of wished I had a headstone to go to. On our way back from picking up the ashes at the funeral home, we stopped at a Deseret Book and bought and 8x10 of that picture you have on the headstone. It now hangs on the wall of my babies' bedroom, with other pictures that remind me of her. I love it. (hugs)

    ReplyDelete